Sunday, February 4, 2018

Flat Lands

The characteristics of the places, where I do that little physical training that I manage to do today, are very different from those of the Po Valley, where I used to go running during my free time, when I was living in Saronno. Now my gaze can not go far, unless I climb the top of a hill. On the other hand, I am surrounded by the green of the ubiquitous woods and by an almost untouched nature.

By watching again these images, I still remember with pleasure the attraction that the vastness of the plain can sometimes exert on the soul. Thinking over, it's like being in front of the sea, a sea whose color changes with every season: low tide in winter, high waves of wheat in summer. I have only one regret: the places I captured with my cell phone during my outings in 2015 have recently been devastated, to make room for new and useless roads and highways. I will not be able to see them as I have known them. On the other hand, the idea of ​​not being able to see the havoc made by the bulldozers ... comforts me.




No comments: