Saturday, May 25, 2013

Self-Maintenance Time

I'm feeling exhausted. In the first months of this year I've been pushing and pulling a team  of frantic designers in the attempt to reach some admittedly over-committed goals. The project run is very long. There's still a year or more of development and tests activities ahead of us. I need to stop, give way and breathe for a while. So I asked my manager to let me step back into my cozy and warm comfort zone for some time and act like a designer rather than a project manager. Some one else from the team has taken the shepard stick in his hands. This hiatus should also give me some time for studying and updating on the coming developments topics and, yes, take me smoothly toward the hot season (provided that it will ever decide to stop with these days hard rains and cold).
Strange to say, I must admit that now that I'm back to a design and development role I feel like ... unemployed. It will take some time to drain all the stamina the "master" role poured into my blood. Or, maybe, it's just the fear not to be able to get back to it. To this end, I have left one foot out: ready to take off as soon as possible.


1 comment:

marco eugenio said...

molto bello questo culetto d'aereo che sbuca fuore dall' angar !
ciao e auguri per la tua vicenda lavorqtiva
marco