Saturday, March 13, 2010

On the road again

"Leaves are falling all around,
It's time I was on my way.
Thanks to you, I'm much obliged
for such a pleasant stay.
But now it's time for me to go.
The autumn moon lights my way."


(Ramble On, Led Zeppelin)

***

MXP-GOT-MXP-CDG-MPX-BHX-MPX-ARN-MXP

What's next?

***

My luggage is packed again and standing still, waiting for me to cross my apartment door. Winter season's about to finish. A new Spring of flights and hotel rooms is ahead of me. I'm getting tired and no longer able to abandon myself this modern times migration over the skyes of the european countries. If it wasn't for a certain "The call of the wild" ...

Photograph, (C) Tiberio Fanti

Next week I'll be in Goteborg: the "Project" is calling me there. But soon after I'll have some time to spend in Paris with my family. No, no relax. You can't define relaxing a week spent walking up & down the alleys of Paris with two small children and a restless wife. I fear I won't even be able to use my photographic gears.

What is amusing anyway is the idea of a different travel, a real one: traveling with no other aim than spending time, letting it flow like sand from lousy hands.
To help me starting this travel soon ther's the late discovery of a website named "
Paris 26 Gigapixels" which is run by some guys who, last September 2009, climbed on the top of one of the most prominent building of the French metropolis, Saint Sulpice church and shot something like nearly 2400 images in two hours and a half. Now these are all stitched together to form the largest image currently available about Paris.


It takes very little to get lost and pleasantly wonder through the thousands of copper-red chimneys of the roofs. A visit is worth, I think.

No comments: